Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day #23: A Way In Which I Want to Be Remembered

When I die, I want people to remember me as a man who.....


devoted himself fully to God's Word 
served others with constant abandon no matter the cost.
stood solely (alone if need be) for truth that is found in Christ alone.
sought the Gospel as my one and only theme.
finished the race of life strong. 
loved his wife as Christ loved the church.
died to self constantly.
never gave up in the midst of constant temptation and reckless persecution.
was an incessant prayer warrior on the behalf of many. 
worshiped Christ alone with his all.
strove to accomplish all for the glory of God.
studied the Word of God inside and out.
devoted himself exclusively to Christ and His Church.
sought Christ alone and His Gospel as the only treasure in life.
loved the Lord, his God, with all his heart, soul, mind, and strength.

I want to be remembered for nothing else, but the statements mentioned above.  Christ is my all, and I would want nothing else than to please him with my whole life until I breathe my last breath.  May God be glorified in me.  

Sola Deo Gloria!!!! 






6 comments:

Bethany said...

What an awesome legacy to those left behind!
I know so many people who are afraid of dying and dread it with a passion. I however....long for the day that my dear Jesus comes for us. Won't that be a wonderful day?
~Bethany~

Andrew Biddinger said...

Hey Joshua,
Sorry for not posting for the longest time. :D
It was mainly because blogger had switched the way they did things with webpage blogs. So, I had to switch to Wordpress, and it's updated! http://andrewbiddinger.com/makeitcount/

Thanks for the encouragement and sharing this post!

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Joshua,
Those are definitely good ways to be remembered, and I am pretty sure you WILL be remembered that way. :)
I want to memorize that list and keep it in mind as I go about my daily tasks... thank you for sharing.

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

~Miss Kate~ said...

This really was a very encouraging post - thank you for posting it. It is a true blessing to see that others are dedicated to doing what is right and molding their lives to the one pattern!

~Miss Kate

Joshua said...

Bethany,
Completely agreed. That will be an awesome day when we see Him face to face. Can't wait. :)

Andrew,
No problem bro. I know we all get busy sometimes. It is just the way of life, so I completely understand. :)

Sarah,
Glad I was able to share them and glad you payed attention to them. God is everything and I will serve Him with every ounce of my being. :)

Miss Kate,
I am overjoyed that I can be an encouragement to you. It is definitely a blessing when you see others following the same patterns that you are seeking after. I completely agree. :)

susanwalkergirl said...

Joshua,

Your love for God and His One & Only Son Jesus Christ come shining through in everything you do and say. You are salt and light where God has placed you. Praise Him!