Saturday, March 13, 2010

Did you know........ #6

Arguably, Jonathan Edwards is the greatest theologian in American history. You can mention others, but Jonathan Edwards, by far, contained one of the greatest minds on theology in American history. No doubt! You will probably agree with this Did you know post, while you reflect on the greatness of God through this one man.

Did you know..................................................... that Jonathan Edwards graduated from Yale College at 17 years old as the valedictorian of his class. 17! By that time, he could also speak Latin, Hebrew, and Greek. He studied those subjects immensely and was completely enthralled by them that he decided to learn those languages. :0 Yeah, my mouth dropped open when I first read that too. :)

By the way, I have another blog, in which, I am going through a series on posting one of Jonathan Edwards resolutions a day. I would advise you to go check it out. You will be greatly encouraged and strengthened by this humble giant of the faith. :)


2 comments:

Camden said...

It's amazing if you look at how people in centuies past have lived, and how people (particularly teens) live today. I also love Edwards' quotes, and I love even more that he didn't just preach it, he DID it.

"Resolved, that I will live so, as I shall wish I had done when I come to die."

- Jonathan Edwards (One of my favorite quotes, thanks for posting it!)

Camden

Regan Family Farm said...

I would love to talk to his mother...