Saturday, July 23, 2011

Update on Possible Missions Trip and Future Posts For The Glory of God

Steps 1, 2, and 3 are accomplished.  Steps 4, 5, and beyond are upcoming, maybe.  Nearly a month and a quarter ago, I completed Step 1 of the process about going on a missions trip by purchasing a passport.  It made a hole in my wallet, but I can say the passport was well worth the purchase price.  Step 2, which made no damage to my wallet, was in completing the application and turning it in by June 26th.  Mission accomplished!  And, Steps 2A and 2B have been working a little more, so that I would be prepared to pay the $500 down deposit once elected on the team.  Done!  Then, Step 3 consisted of being interviewed by one of the heads of the Missions department on July 15th (actually I ended up being interviewed by two people--- one of them is a leader on this trips team).  With that said, I can fully assure you that Step 3 is now a distant memory.  What's next?  Whatever God wants to do!  If that means I am on the team, so be it.  If not, I know God has some other plan and purpose for my life during the specific time period of December 26th through January 8th.  Why worry?  God is in control.  I will wait and see what God has in store for me.  Step 4 will be finding out if I made the team and that should be sometime in August.  I will fill you in on Step 4 when we reach that certain point. 

Now, onto the rest of the summer for what posts I will write.  For the rest of the summer on Sundays, I am going to begin a new seven part series.  The last post will overlap into September, but it should not be a problem in completing the series because I am not taking any classes this Fall.  I won't be bombarded with homework (kinda a good thing, yet I will miss school).  So, that should not be a problem.  What is this seven part series going to cover?  *wide grin* I am not gonna tell ya since you will find out tomorrow (probably post it late tomorrow).  Very few people read my blog these days (stats figures--- not too hard to tell  *ahem* (my fault for not posting on a regular basis) :), so if you want to find out what the series is about you can at least read the title from your blogger dashboard or click on the post if you find it an interesting read.   

Then on this upcoming Wednesday, I will finish the God's Power Made Perfect In Weakness series with Part 5, so stay tuned for that.  On the next following two Wednesdays after this coming up Wednesday, I will complete The Most Inane Postmodern Humanist Notion Of All Time Part 2 with the remedy in two separate posts.   And, on every following Wednesday after those three Wednesdays, I will post on a topic chosen by you, the readers, from a poll that I will post on my blog fairly soon.   Finally, in between those posts, I will continue the Titus series.  It seems like a lot and you all probably don't believe me, which is understandable, since I have not been the most consistent blogger in the world.  However, I am choosing to change that.  So, with all the knowledge that God has entrusted me with, I will use it to further His kingdom through the blogging world on a consistent basis.  So help me God.  

Sola Deo Gloria!!!!!        


4 comments:

Josh said...

Hey brother,
Praying for God's will to be done with this mission opportunity.

Blessings,
Joshua

Lilac Bud Gal said...

That sounds wonderful, Joshua! I think you must be pretty excited to see where God is going to be taking you! It is also wonderful that, although you would like to go on this trip, you would be content if God has other plans for you.

I am looking forward to the upcoming posts! They sound really good.

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

Rachel said...

You are doing fine, brother. You are doing just fine :)

Love you!
Rachel

Unknown said...

I hope you get accepted!

I'm super excited about the upcoming posts.

Thanks for sharing.

In Christ, Paul