Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day #4: A Favorite Television Show

I rarely watch television.  The only time I ever watch mass television is when I am at my grandparents house.  And, when I am over at my grandparents house, I usually watch sports not television shows.  As a matter of fact, I am watching the Sugar Bowl at my grandparents house as I write this post.  Go figure.  

 Well, then, what is my favorite television program?  My favorite television program is an oldie.  The premiere of the show began in the late 1950s and it continued on until the mid 1960s.  The name of the show is Leave it to Beaver.  LIB stars Beaver Cleaver along with his older brother Wally.  His parents June and Ward round out the family.  The reason why I like this show a lot is because it contains the old class humor that is missing in television shows nowadays---- clean, sensible humor.  Not the crude, sexual innuendo that seems to pervert most television shows created during this era of HD television  It is just pure, beautiful television, Leave it to Beaver.  I have added a short youtube clip of this great show.  Enjoy!

   

5 comments:

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

oh goodness... I love LOVE old shows! Beaver... I dream of Jeannie... all of them! I'm a big black and white buff. :D

xx,
Bleah Briann

Lilac Bud Gal said...

We get those through Netflix instant streaming. Those are great for days when you need a good laugh! I especially love that water one!!!

In Christ's Service,
Sarah

susanwalkergirl said...

Good choice Joshua.

You are right about the crudeness and vulgarity that has crept it's way into today's entertainment. It's seems as though nothing is safe.

I think you've got the right idea...less is better and stick with shows that have some moral and social values.

anna :) said...

i definitely love me some leave it to beaver :)

Joshua said...

Bleah,
I love black and white tv shows as well. They are the best. :)

Sarah,
Yeah, it is a great day when laughing is involved. The humor of LITB is funny enough to make your eyes water. :)

Susan,
Yeah, I thought it was a good choice. I cannot even stand what is on television these days. It makes me sick. :)

Anna,
I agree 100 percent. Thanks for the comment. :)