Monday, October 12, 2009
Honest Scrap Blog Award
I have been awarded this blog award about a month ago and it was not my intention to push this award off to the side. School has been keeping me very busy and blogging has not been a huge priority in my life these past few weeks. So, without further ado, I thank Katie for finding this blog worth reading and most of all, I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, for giving me this brain to be specifically used for His glory and honor alone.
1. I am honestly a procrastinator when it comes to my schoolwork. I always wait until the last minute to finish up any essay, project, piece of math homework, etc.; but I am trying to work on this area of my life. It has been extremely difficult though, but God is graciously guiding me along.
2. I enjoy looking at the details of many parts of God's creation. Whether it be stripes on the petal of a flower or the intricate design of each and every avocado tree leaf. Some people may think this observation is strange, but I find it fascinating. Have you ever looked at the lines of skin on your hand? God perfected the design of the skin by making it look like someone fashioned it. It is amazing.
3. My family is adopting a baby through an adoption agency called Bethany. We were last shown a few days ago, but we never know when we will get the significant call that will change our lives for the better.
4. When I am married, I want to have a bunch of kids--- Lord-willing. If not biologically, adoption is out there. I love kids. :)
5. What do I want to be when I grow up? Don't know, but God has shown many people in my Bible Study Group that the ministry is in my future. Evangelist, Pastorate, Teacher, who knows? God does and I am thankful for that.
6. Honestly, I pray that my life would be lived in a manner worthy of the Gospel of Christ. That I would lead my future family by example, by the truth found solely in Scripture, and by God's divine power at work through me.
7. I am also very fearful about speaking out loud period. I have a speech impediment that is very frustrating at times. There are times when I block and I can't get the word out. The words are fashioned wonderfully in my brain. I know what I want to say. It is just that I have difficulty getting the words out sometimes. One of the guy's from my Bible Study says that I am going to be just like Moses. If you know, Moses had a speech impediment and God used Him; so if He could use Moses; He could use me in anyway He wants. I find that somewhat comforting. :)
8. I will eat everything; except, tomatoes and strawberries. Sorry, the texture of strawberries is ugghhhh; and the rawness of tomatoes are disgusting. Though, I will eat strawberries in smoothies, jams, jelly, etc.; and tomatoes diced, in salsa, ketchup, etc. I know I am very strange. :)
9. I am eternally grateful for the brutal sacrifice that my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ willingly paid to redeem my vile soul from the pit of hell.
10. I am 6'2" tall. I have blonde hair, blue eyes, and enjoy bicycling when I get the chance too. :)
I definitely enjoyed writing 10 honest things about myself and thanks Katie again for the award.
I award this blog award to anyone who wants to write 10 honest things about themselves; and, since, Life Savior has not received any blog awards ever. I will graciously award this blog award to Life Savior, the team of a few Christian guys, striving wholeheartedly for the Lord their Awesome God. They truly deserve this award too. Their blog is great. I would encourage you all to check them out, if you have not already done so.
Sola Deo Gloria!