Friday, October 16, 2009

Blog Award

I was awarded a blog award. The award from Ivorydancer is the Advanced Awesomeness Award. Thanks Ivorydancer, I definitely appreciate this award, but I believe that I am fully undeserving of this award. Why? Psalm 111:9 says, "He sent redemption to His people; He has commanded His covenant forever. Holy and Awesome is His name." This award should only be placed in the hands of the King of kings and Lord of lords. His name is Holy and Awesome. He is the only one deserving of this award. I am a mere vessel and an unworthy filth-laden sinner. If there is anything in this blog that is good (awesome), it is all from Him. If this blog is stamped with the awesomeness and greatness of God, it is all from Him; not of my own doing. I can do nothing apart from His grace and daily strength. What does John 15:5 say (a familiar verse)? The verse states: "I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, FOR APART FROM ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING. I can do nothing apart from the strength of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Anything, on this blog, that is good, is of Him; not of me. Don't be twirling your finger around towards me trying to build me up. Instead, thank God for the blessing of this blog, because anything good that comes out of it is from Him. I will stop beating the dead horse with this statement, but I want you guys to see that anything good or profitable that comes from this blog is God's. Not my own doing, I AM NOT GOOD (Romans 3:10). Maybe I will write a post about this sometime, but my main point is to turn the attention to the One who is Awesome. So with that said, I understand your intentions Ivorydancer, and I thank you that you found this blog worth reading, but the moral of the story is that this blog is not awesome. Only God is Awesome. He is the only one worthy to be called Awesome. This blog has many undeserving chords tied to it, since it was written by a human being; so it does not even stand in the category of awesomeness. I hope you understand.

No comments: