Monday, June 22, 2009

Finally a Post! - Post Resolved Conference Ramblings

A week has past since the Resolved Conference and I am completely thankful for the mercy that God has graciously showed me by crushing his Son on the cross for the redemption of my sins. My mind cannot fully wrap itself around that thought, but I am astounded that he would love me that much. I remember many things about the conference, but one statement from one of Steve Lawson's sermons is stuck in my brain. He told us that we usually compare ourselves to other people. Like say for example, I am better than this guy or I am a little better than him, or I am definitely way better than him. He is way out of my league. Steve's point was that we should not be comparing ourselves to other people. The person who we should be comparing ourselves to is God. When we compare ourselves to God, there is no room for pride. God's glory, holiness, majesty, and greatness is so far beyond us that we would look at ourselves and see how sinful, how depraved, how destitute, how vile we really are in His sight; if we compared ourselves to Him. We are all poor in Spirit in need of a magnificent Savior. That hit me straight to the heart. The application from that statement is to start comparing ourselves to Him. It has done wonders in my life. I pray that it does the same for you.

Soli Deo Gloria!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's definitely something that God needs to work on in my life. =( I struggle with comparison all the time. Thanks for sharing. Galatians 6:14. Ephesians 4:13.

Josh said...

Good to hear from you again! Your past week sounds like an inspiring one for shure...Thank you for the thought on comparing ourselves it's right on...
God Bless,
Josh